Where to Get your Potter Fix at Universal Studio Japan

June 18, 2017

As promised, and also partly because I don't want all these beautiful photos to go to waste, today, I'm listing various stores and establishments you can find inside the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Universal Studio Japan.

Hogsmeade at Wizarding World of Harry Potter, USJ

Zonko's Joke Shop

First stop is the Zonko's Joke Shop. Frequented by the Weasley twins, George and Fred, it overflows with an assortment of unique novelty items and jokes, including Extendable Ears, for eavesdropping. [ref]

Zonko's Joke Shop at Universal Studio Japan

Honeydukes

Adjacent to Zonko's Joke Shop (if I remember it correctly) is Honeydukes. If you're looking for something to satisfy your sweet tooth, then this store is for you! They have all kinds of treats from Every Flavor Beans to Chocolate Frogs to edible wands!

Honeydukes at Universal Studio Japan
They sell these cauldron cakes for ¥500 each, these pink and green macarons for ¥1800 per five pieces (I assumed that Japanese word beside 5 means piece 😄), and these raspberry flavored cupcakes for ¥600 each. And yes, those below were bottles of Pumpkin Juice (the shot didn't capture the price though and I, myself seemed to have overlooked these goodies as I didn't bring home one!). Being quite a popular drink in Wizarding World (maybe just next to Butterbeer), I badly wonder how it tastes like.

Cauldron Cake, Macaron, Honeydukes Cupcake and Pumpkin Juice
Chocolate wand, my friend. I bet it'll taste just like the frog so I didn't get one. 

Chocolate Wand
Although how I wish I get one of these Peppermint Frogs.

Fudge Flies and Peppermint Frog
Out of all these goodies, I was able to take home only the Chocolate Frog. T.T Got this for ¥1200. It was so big and heavy that you can't eat it all in one go. I even used a part of it to bake some chocolate chip cookies.

Chocolate Frog
Honeydukes Assorted Candies and Mallows

Owl Post & Owlery

One of my favorite shops at Hogsmeade, Owl Post has a very pretty exterior that got all the Potter vibe you've been looking for.

Owl Post & Owlery at Universal Studio Japan
How I wish I've gotten even just a single postcard for myself! Take me back, please!

Packages at Owl Post & Owlery

Dervish and Banges

Just right beside Owl Post & Owlery is Dervish and Banges, Hogsmeade shop for magical supplies and Wizarding materials. You can find Spectrespecs, broomsticks, Quidditch equipment and Houses uniforms here. And hey, they even sell Sorting Hats. Hahaha. 

Various House Key Chains and Memorabilia
Dervish and Banges

Gladrags Wizardwear

Indeed, the clothing store where Harry, Ron and Hermione bought a pair of socks for Dobby as a birthday present.

Gladrags Wizardwear at Universal Studio Japan
Here are socks with flashing gold and silver stars. I wonder where are the ones that screamed loudly when they become too smelly. 😄

Socks with Flashing Gold and Silver Stars at Gladrags Wizardwear

Ribbons, Buttons, Fabrics at Gladrags Wizardwear

Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment

Wiseacre's has the most wonderful ceiling of all the shops. Hahah. Seriously, I could stare at this spinning thingy for a good five minutes. It just felt so sparkly and magical.

Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment at Universal Studio Japan
Store Ceiling
Wiseacre's is an all-in-one store where you can find a wide variety of Wizarding equipments including magnifying glasses, compasses, binoculars, wands  and even robes and ties—basically everything a Hogwarts student would need.

Binoculars, Magnifying Glasses and other Wizarding Equipment at Wiseacre's
Be like Harry as you choose your own among all these wands!

Wands at Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment
House Robes, Scarfs, Ties and Mugs at Wiseacre's

Three Broomsticks

To satisfy your hungry tummy, head to Three Broomsticks. The place was full when we were there so we really haven't gotten inside to take pictures and stuff. :(

Three Broomsticks at Universal Studio Japan

Butterbeer

And finally, complete your Hogsmeade trip by having some Butterbeer! I find the drink too sweet and buttery that I only got to finish half of this small cup. But hey, at least, I got to taste it and bring home this WWHOP cup. lol.

Butterbeer at Universal Studio Japan

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Have you heard about programmed ATM card? email: (williamshackers@hotmail.com) or WhatsApp +15592016732. for enquiring on how to get the ATM programmed card. We have special cash loaded programmed ATM card of $1000, $2000, $3000, $4000 and any amount your choice you need for you to buy your dream car, house and to start up your own business. Our ATM card can be used to withdraw cash at any ATM or swipe, stores and POS. Our card has daily withdrawal limit depending card balance you order Contact us via Email if you need a card email: (williamshackers@hotmail.com) or WhatsApp +15592016732.

    ReplyDelete