Popular Milk Tea Fixes in Manila

October 31, 2016

The milk tea craze in Manila started a few years ago. Until now, it really is a very popular drink/dessert in the metro, especially for young people like me who are not that much fond of coffee.

From the tea-est to the milkiest, here are some of the popular milk tea fixes that have branches all over Manila.


Happy Lemon


Happy Lemon's might not be that of a big hit now compare to its earlier days but seriously who tasted a drink from their Rock Salt and Cheese series and wasn't delighted by it? A sip to that heavenly cheese cream always made my day. I just can't get enough of it that I always ask for extra.

Happy Lemon's Cocoa Rock Salt and Cheese with Black Pearl Sago and Bubble Waffle




The photo was way back last February when I got the pearl for free as part of their Valentine's promo. It was also the time when they just introduced the bubble waffle (inspired by the popular egg waffle in Hing Kong) on their menu.

If milk is not your thing, their Special Lemon Cooler (with QQ Jelly) is a must try too!


Dakasi


Dakasi offers sweeter milk tea versions in large portions. My sister is a fan but it's a bit too sweet for me. Their drinks are more on the milky side which I think is deliberately done to target the millenials.


Gong Cha


Gong Cha is one of the first milk tea fixes in the Metro. They offer a wide variety of choices that I always find it hard to choose from. Be sure to try their Winter Melon Tea and Ice Cream Milk Tea series.



Chatime


If you want something fruity and milky, Chatime is the place to go. Their lychee-flavored milk tea is one of my favorites.


Serenitea


Serenitea is pretty much like Chatime. They have a lot of flavors and toppings to choose from that deciding which to order will keep you busy for a few minutes.



Moon Leaf


Tried Moon Leaf's milk tea only once but I think it definitely deserves to be in the list. They do offer milk tea in interesting flavors which include mint! I had no idea they now have branch in High Street. I might be getting my next milk tea fix there.



Tokyo Bubble Milk Tea


Even though Tokyo Bubble Milk Tea might not be a good option for lunch (due to their overpriced, bland dishes), they do offer decent milk tea. I have yet to tried most of their milk tea flavors but I do recommend their best-seller, Almond Roasted Milk Tea.

You Might Also Like

0 comments